Sunday, October 12, 2008

More October Farmer's Market

I haven't been able to get to the Farmer's Market much this year (I work most Saturday mornings), and one of the last times I tried it, I got rained out before getting any pictures. But yesterday I was very successful and delighted to find the market full of sun and people and colors. Click for the larger views for full effect.



Pumpkins and watermelon and customers.




Gorgeous gourds at Rees Fruit Farms stand.




Heavenly honey from Country Creek Honey in Meriden (OK, that's only almost Topeka, but I bought some and it is good).




Herbs for your health and culinary delight, forgot to note the name of the herb growers.




Not everything there is produce, of course. These colorful rag rugs are from Rodecap Rugs. Machine washable.




Albo Glass Studio and Ebb & Flow Arts shared a booth.




All the blown glass is from Albo Glass Studio, owned by Doug Sheafor.




The fused glass is by Laura Engelhardt, Ebb & Flow Arts.





The pictures don't do these beautiful pendants justice.





Larry O'Hara of 5 O's Sweet Kettle Corn working the big kettle. I should note that Larry and I used to be co-workers, and he's apparently still as ornery as he ever was.






And finally, flowers. Amazing mums! These are all the glorious blazing colors of fall.

No comments: