Sunday, September 13, 2009

Beautiful Balloons (read them backwards)






I got out to Lake Shawnee yesterday and was able to get some pictures of the evening balloon launch for the Huff 'n PuffBalloon Rally, put on by the Great Plains Balloon Club. We staked out a spot across the north end of the lake from the launch area, and had balloons headed right towards us most of the time.

We thought about going to the illuminations, where they inflate the ballons after dark and keep them tethered and lit with the flame. However, when we checked it out, it was terribly crowded and we just didn't feel like doing that. Maybe next year. I'd also like to get some pictures of the inflating, etc. of the balloons.

Thanks to my guy Richard, the other part of this "we," for his frequent help in my photo jaunts. He's my bodyguard, chair toter, equipment manager, and so many other things. Thanks!

No comments: