Friday, February 24, 2012

Variety

I have just an assortment of pictures from the past few days, reflecting various things in my world, so I'll just throw them on down here.

Wednesday, it was a lovely, stunning, beautiful day! The sky wrote music for the trees to sing.


Then Rich and I went to Washburn University to hear our friend, poet and professor Joe Harrington, read from his book Things Come On.


I would like to say we then went and laid down in the park, but that's not what happened. We went to The Gatekeeper, so Rich could buy comics, which he collects. It's a really neat store if you are into comics, fantasy, or gaming. It's in Gage Center, in the back area.


And then onward to our usual afternoon or evening hangout, Blackbird Espresso Bar and Cafe in Fleming Place. Not pictured this time.

So, the next day I was just getting into the car for some errands, and a little tiny bit of yellow caught my eye in the back yard.


Aha! The first crocus! Whew, I thought maybe the crocus had croaked, but there they are. This one will soon be joined by some companions, looks like. I'm so happy to see it.

The wind had been high since early afternoon, and by the time I took that picture, there was a distinct nip in it, just to remind me that maybe Winter isn't quite done with us yet. But I have crocus and it can't have them back.

And tonight, just a bit of a gently lovely sunset, shot from my front porch through trees in our yard and in the park across the street. A nice end to a relaxing day where I didn't really go anywhere or do anything. Nice.

No comments: