Sunday, May 15, 2011

May I show you some flowers?


Wood Sorrel. A tiny little weed that has a sharp, sour taste and pretty little yellow flowers. We used to eat it all the time when we were kids. Some people called it sheep sorrel or sheep sours or sheep showers, which I can't figure out, but it's all the same tasty little plant.


The little Monarda plant I was given at the Aiken Prairie last June has grown to about 2 feet tall, and spread out, and is overtaking the plant marker I used to signal its safety zone. I think it will bloom in June or July, and I can hardly wait to see it.


This is the sage that Bob, who used to mow our yard, gave me a few years ago. He said it was from California. It's not the smudging type of sage, and doesn't quite taste like the usual culinary sage, but it's pretty and the bees love it.


A close-up of the sage flowers.

Another chilly day but I'm still OK with that. I'm hoping for fewer clouds tomorrow though; the Moon is full and I want to take Her picture.

No comments: