Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Awesome April

April is awesome and I am far behind on posting, as I am on almost everything else. Retirement is sometimes too restful. Too tempting to just sit and read, or play on the computer, or any number of other things. But April calls me out.
First iris, the early ones out back, on April 8th. The iris and the rose were my mother's favorite flowers. My grandmother loved them, too. I always think of them when the iris come.
Wood Sorrel is very prolific in the yard this year. One of the edibles around that one of these days I will eat while I root out the evil honeysuckle.
Hanging at the Blackbird, for coffee, company and computing. Still one of my favorite places. I guess I'm a regular there now.
The early afternoon of April 14, the Saturday when over 100 tornadoes would hit Kansas before the next morning, and one would take 5 lives in Woodward, Oklahoma. The sky is most unsettled, and we were already watching and waiting.
Despite the appearance of this sky, the storm systems that raked Kansas with giant claws gave Topeka and Lawrence nothing but fairly ordinary spring thunderstorms, and lots of wind. But not the curly kind. We were spared being twisted around, this time. More spring to come, for sure.

No comments: