Saturday, April 21, 2012

So It Grows

The lemon balm as it was when I got it in September last year, and the way it is now. Well.
I think it's going to make it, and I think before too much longer I'll have me a cup or two of lemon balm iced tea, something I find exquisite.
Meanwhile, the sage continues to be sassy. Partially in bloom in this picture from April 17. The butterflies have found it; more on that later! Rich and I drove through Gage Park the Sunday after all those Saturday storms, and the park was chock full of people.
A different picture of this little train is one of the first I put on this very blog. I still love it, and one of these days I'll have to hop back on for a ride. Camera in hand, of course.
Another sign that we are Springing into Summer--an ice cream truck cruises Gage Park on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
Rich and I went to The Burger Stand at College Hill and I had this luscious Salmon Burger. We like this place and hope it sticks around. One of my recent favorite local restaurants, Toucan Express, which had Brazilian food, recently closed. I did my best, but it wasn't enough. I'll miss them; the owner's husband is a former co-worker, and they are good people. Continuing with the mish-mash of photo ops...
Sage bloom up close from the top. Oh, and--
Meet Ms. Vanessa. An American Painted Lady, Vanessa virginiensis, who I'm happy to report likes the sage blossoms as much as I do. Possibly more. I'm glad she found it, and stopped for just a second for a portrait. And not to be left out, that lemon balm again.
Ahh, April.

No comments: